Shakira is definitely getting the last laugh.
She is now heading to the GRAMMY Museum where she will be honored with her own exhibit: Shakira, Shakira: The GRAMMY Museum Experience. This recognition is long overdue considering Shakira has been making rounds, both in Latin America and globally, for more than three decades. Throughout her illustrious career, she’s proved that she’s a songwriter, producer, dancer, visual artist, philanthropist, una loba, and a woman who is not afraid to push the envelope.
“It’s an honor to have the journey of my career displayed at the GRAMMY Museum,” the Colombian-Lebanese ultra-talented woman said in an official statement. “These pieces are a testament to so many indelible moments that I cherish, and I’m so happy to be able to relive these memories with those who have and continue to support me as an artist.”
The Grammy Museum announcement is one of Shakira’s greatest moments this month
Shakira keeps making history. This month, she broke the internet with her latest single, “SHAKIRA || BZRP Music Sessions #53,” produced by the Argentine musical genius, DJ Bizarrap. It garnered the most streams in a single day for a Spanish-language song. In a mere 24 hours, the song became the fastest Latin song to reach 100 million streams on YouTube. The breakup diss song also allowed Shakira to become the Latin artist with the most monthly listeners in Spotify’s history. She surpassed Bad Bunny who held on to this record for quite some time.
If you plan to visit the “Shakira, Shakira: The GRAMMY Museum Experience,” these are some of the things you might see:
- Forty artifacts from Shakira’s personal archive
- Shakira’s two 2020 Super Bowl LIV outfits (one red, one gold) and her Gibson Firebird electric guitar, covered with 70,000 black Swarovski crystals
- Taylor acoustic guitar that Shakira uses for songwriting
- Fender Stratocaster, covered with pink Swarovski crystals, that Shakira played on her Oral Fixation tour (2006-2007)
- Gold Yamaha Revstar electric guitar Shakira played on her 2018 El Dorado tour
- Iconic outfits from Shakira’s 2018 El Dorado tour
- Leaf-covered bikini Shakira wore on the cover of her 2005 album, Oral Fixation, Vol. 2
- Songwriting notebook with handwritten lyrics
Shakira continues to be an inspiration for Latinas everywhere!For Image credit or remove please email for immediate removal - firstname.lastname@example.org