Ceviche! Ceviche! Ceviche!
How much do love ceviche? Ceviche is one of the most iconic dishes of Peru. But do you know how many types of ceviche there are beyond the common ceviche simple and ceviche mixto?
How about ceviche vegan-made using mushrooms? Or (gasp) bull testicles? Yep, however you spell it — ceviche, cebiche or seviche — the world of ceviche is probably more diverse than you ever imagined.
When is the best time to enjoy ceviche? ALL the time. Honestly if I lived along the coast and had access to fresh caught ingredients, I could eat it year-round, perhaps, even for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
With Mother’s Day around the corner many of us are planning our brunch menus to include different types of dishes to try out on our family and friends. We know friends are more forgiving and open to try new things, and one of the ways that family is most beautifully expressed is through meals and tradition. Mother’s Day will be a bit different this year and I am choosing to experiment with different beverages, funky food pairings, with a couple unconventional brunch dishes.
1MEXICAN FISH & MANGO CEVICHE
INGREDIENTS – Serves 3 to 4 people
- 1 pound fresh, white fish cut into small cubes (see notes below)
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, about 6 – 7 large limes
- 1/2 cup Modelo Chelada Limon y Sal
- 1 large mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 serrano peppers, finely diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Place the fish, lime juice and Modelo Chelada Limon y Sal in a medium glass or plastic bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to “cook” the fish. Note: The lime juice must cover the fish completely for evenly “cooking.”
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix gently to combine. Serve cold with tortilla chips or tostadas.
¡Feliz Día de las Madres!For Image credit or remove please email for immediate removal - email@example.com