At BELatina, we are always true to our nature — we are proud of who we are and the culture we’ve inherited.
Are you a powerful mamacita who wears a cute lippie under her mask? Us too! Whether it’s the beauty of your own natural lips, or a beautiful Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm, it feels good to feel beautiful and smile. Plus, smiling is healing. Not only does smiling elevate our mood and relieve stress – but it is believed to make us happier, improve sleep, and extend our lifespan.
So, why don’t we do it more? Well, between social distancing, wearing masks, and navigating a new world, smiles continue to be much harder to come by these days. But they’ve also never been so necessary.
Don’t worry, we got you. October 1st is World Smile Day and Burt’s Bees and us are helping you #ShowYourSmile via moments of joy and meaningful connection. Inspired by nature’s beauty and resilience, we too are reminded that there is strength in vulnerability and the power to make big change through small acts of kindness.
Remember, BELatina is all about empowering every Latina and making sure we set everyone up for success, and Burt’s Bees is all about channeling your natural beauty, and stepping into your confidence. So here are 25 ways to bring a smile to your face and the faces of others on World Smile Day and beyond.
- FaceTime your mom and tell her she’s amazing.
- Buy coffee for the person behind you at the drive-thru.
- Offer to run errands for your Abuela.
- Text a friend an unexpected compliment.
- Send someone an old photo of your sweetest memory together.
- Gift your bestie a Burt’s Bees Personalized Lip Balm.
- Invite a friend to join you for a hike, beach stroll, or walk in the park.
- Mail someone a handwritten card.
- Leave a note for someone to find in a book.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the grocery line.
- Send an appetizer or dessert to another table.
- Buy “just because” flowers for a friend and leave them at their doorstep.
- Make someone a playlist that they’d appreciate.
- Plan a virtual yoga or meditation session to help someone you love feel more grounded.
- Leave a joke on your friends/family voicemail.
- Send a sweet DM (be classy, now!) to someone you follow on social media and have always admired.
- Support a small business by leaving a positive review on its website.
- Tell a coworker that they’re doing a great job!
- Identify a skill of yours (e.g., cooking, writing, gardening, salsa dancing, etc.) and share it with someone who’ll appreciate it.
- Send a care package (bonus points for including one of Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balms.)
- Leave an encouraging sticky note on someone’s dashboard.
- Support a friend’s passion project or new side hustle by leaving a comment, sharing, or reposting their work via social.
- Gift the tía that’s always there for you a Burt’s Bees personalized Lip Balm as a quick thanks for loving you.
- Surprise your Abuelo with his favorite food and an outdoor picnic.
- De-stress and treat yourself to a spa day!
At BELatina, we’re all about cultivating a culture of empowerment. Trust us – it won’t take long before you feel the positive effects of these small acts of kindness. Have fun as you look for these moments to bring and keep a smile on your face so that you can light up the next person’s. Share with us on social using the hashtags #BoldBeBeautiful #BurtsBeesBeauty and check out partner content here to help add some more sparkle to your smile!For Image credit or remove please email for immediate removal - email@example.com